- Log into AEFIS and click anywhere on your screen to exit your notification center. Go to your “My Course Sections & Syllabi” widget on your dashboard.
- Click the blue pen icon next to your course section.
- You will then be taken to the Course Section Home page. Here you will see the course details and a course section checklist. Click on the links in the checklist to be taken to the appropriate pages.
- You can also use the gray sidebar to navigate the course section.
- To view/edit the Syllabus Form, please follow these steps:
- Click “Course Syllabus” in the gray sidebar.
- Click the blue Edit button on the top right side of the page to enter or update your syllabus.
Please note: Your changes will be saved automatically. You can leave and come back to edit your syllabi at any time.
- You will notice some of the syllabus sections have red locks on them. This means that these fields are not editable. This information will be automatically pulled in from your university’s Student Information System (SIS).
- You will also notice that some sections are tagged optional, required (this field must be completed unless you will not be able to finalize), or not applicable/required:
- As you can see from the screenshots above, some of the sections have a text field. Here you can copy, paste, and edit information.
- Course objectives (CLOs) are automatically pulled in from the AEFIS course catalog.
- Do you want to add additional CLOs to your course section? You can do so, by clicking " +ADD A CLO" button.
- Click the add button to add each section level outcome.
As you can see, Course Level Outcomes are labeled with a “C” and corresponding number and Section Level Outcomes are marked with a “S” and corresponding number.
- Some sections have checkboxes next to items. Simply click the boxes you would like to be included in the syllabus. Only the items you checked will display in the survey view.
- Once you are finished editing the syllabus form, click the blue “Finish” button at the bottom of the page.
- To PDF, print, or preview the syllabus form, click Export and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, when you are done editing the course section click the blue “Publish” button at the top of the page.
Once you click publish, the status of your course section will change from “Faculty Pending” to “Approval Pending.” An administrator for your college or department will then review and either send it back to you to edit or will go ahead and finalize.