Add/Edit Performance Indicators (Student Outcomes with Learning Indicators)
User Roles: College Admin, Department Admin, Institutional Admin
Outcome: The user will generate performance indicators for specific outcomes that aligns with institution’s curriculum.
Description: Performance indicators are the sub-goals that the student will achieve upon completion of the specific outcome in program.
As mentioned previously, in the program settings, under the Outcome Mapping and Measurement section, there are two ways a program can be mapped and measured: student outcomes with learning indicators or student outcomes. The type of performance indicators depend on the specific way the program will be mapped. Be sure to double check that the right mapping setting has been chosen.
Starting from the Student Outcome section within Programs
Adding Performance Indicators
- Select the blue edit icon to the right of the page.
- On the desired outcome (Institution, College, External, or Program), select the down arrow next to the outcome code to open the dropdown menu.
- Select Performance Indicators from the drop down menu.
- The Add Performance Indicators window will open to the right of the page.
- Select the blue “+Add” button in the top right to add a performance indicator, and the “Add Performance Indicator” pop-up window will open.
- There will be text boxes available to enter the Performance Indicator for the specific course
- Code: enter the code for the performance indicator
- Description: Enter the description of the Performance Indicator
- The rubric text boxes are optional to fill in depending on the user’s program intentions
- There is also an option to add an existing performance indicator.
- Select the Add Existing tab at the top to open a tab with a list of Outcomes.
- Scroll to find the the outcome that contains the desired performance outcome. A small number next to the performance outcome shows that the outcome contains performance indicators.
- Select the blue “save” button when finished to add the performance indicator to the outcome.
- Repeat steps 5-8 to add all performance indicators to the desired Outcomes
NOTE: More than one outcome can be mapped to a performance indicator.
Edit/Delete Performance Indicators
- In the Performance Indicator page on the right side, there a blue pencil icon and red x icon.
- To edit the performance indicator, select the blue pencil icon.
- The “edit performance indicator” pop-up window will open and the performance indicator’s code, description, and rubric can be edited.
- Select the blue save icon at the bottom to save the changes.
- To delete the performance indicator, select the red x icon.
- A confirmation pop-up window will open.
- Select the red Remove button to delete the performance indicator.